Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Latest Goof-Up

Midterms underway, so time for only a quick story...

I was proctoring a Mid-Term exam yesterday, since the professor was out of town. Stood very seriously and stoically for 1 hr and 10 minutes, getting dreadfully bored.Just 10 more minutes to go.... I could have finished the day with dignity, but the Email-Obsessive Graduate Student inside me called to me, and I walked to the the computer in the room. Logged on, checked mail in RPI inbox, moved on to gmail. A friend had mailed, scolding me ( with nice expletives) for never calling her. I started typing the reply, but suddenly looked at my watch.... It was alomost time to finish. Then I heard smirks and giggles from the students... To my horror, I realised that the projector was on, and my mails were up there on the projecter screen for everyone to see...I panicked and switched off the monitor, but the mail was still on the screen.... I fumbled a little more, and finally found the button to switch off the Projector.

I was so embarassed...but I had to announce "Time up, Hand in your Sheets", and collect the sheets.

I hope most of them were busy writing their exam and din't even look up to the screen... This is optimism stretched toooo far, even by my standards....

1 comment:

rangr said...

Good goof :) Hope they found answers they were looking for in your mailbox.